All About Me


Image result for italy

My name is Elena D'Ambrosio. I am currently a junior at Molloy College majoring in Adolescent Math/TESOL Education. I have an older sister who is currently in medical school and a younger brother who will soon graduate high school. I grew up speaking Spanish and Italian at home because my mother is from Ecuador and my father is from Italy. I enjoy traveling to Italy in the Summer to visit my family members who still live there. This past Summer, I was able to travel to Italy for three weeks. During that time, I was able to spend quality time with my cousins. My passions include cooking, watching television, and knitting. Additionally, I enjoy learning new foreign languages. At the moment, I am attempting to learn French. A friend of mine told me about an interactive app called Duolingo where you can learn new languages. I am looking forward to Spring because I prefer warm weather.

Vocabulary:
1. Currently- at the present time
2. Graduate- to finish school
3. Enjoy- to like
4. Quality- the standard of something
5. Passion- strong emotion
6. Foreign- unfamiliar or unknown
7. Attempting- trying
8. Moment- a small amount of time
9. Interactive- an action between two people or two things
10. Prefer- to like something better than another

Vocabulary Exercise:
Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word.
1. I am ______________ a student.
2. I can speak a ____________ language.
3. I have a ____________ for cooking.
4. My goal is to ___________ college.
5. She likes to spend __________ time with her family.

Grammar Point:
The passage above focuses on first person point of view. When writing in first person, the narrator refers to him or herself by using pronouns such as 'I,' 'me,' and 'my.'

Grammar Exercise:
Write three sentences in first person about your likes and/or dislikes.






Comments

  1. Very nice introductory post! I liked reading about your trilingual family, your travels, and your interest in language learning. I also like the grammar point about point of view. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite TV Shows

Oscars

Winter Olympics 2018