Concerts



One of my favorite things to do with my friends is go to concerts. One of my favorite concert experiences was seeing One Republic perform live at Jones Beach Theater. The whole time, I felt like I was on cloud nine because they are one of my favorite bands. I really enjoy going to concerts at Jones Beach Theater because they are outdoors. However, one time I was at a concert and it was raining cats and dogs. Usually, the concerts do not get postponed and continue even during inclement weather. For this reason, I always try to remember to bring a raincoat with me. One time, my friend surprised me with tickets to see the 1975 perform at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. She bought the tickets at the last minute for a discounted price and asked me if I wanted to go. I had to rush after work that day to catch the train. Thankfully, I arrived on time and we were able to see the full concert. It is always fun going to concerts with my friends and making lasting memories

Vocabulary:
1. Experiences-encounter, observation
2. Perform- to do, act, produce 
3. Postponed- delayed, rescheduled 
4. Inclement- cold, bad weather 
5. Surprised- shocked, in disbelief 
6. Discounted- reduced 
7. Rush- to hurry 
8. Arrived- to show up 
9. Lasting- enduring a long time 
10. Memories- remembrance about the past 

Vocabulary Exercise: 
Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word.
1. She was able to buy the tickets at a ___________ price. 
2. They ___________ on time. 
3. The school closed due to ____________ weather. 
4. They had to _______________ the concert. 
5. I had to ____________ to the concert right after work. 


Grammar Point:
Idioms are a form of expression that have a figurative, or sometimes literal, meaning. For instance, the phrases 'raining cats and dogs,' and 'on cloud nine' are examples of idioms. They do not make sense literally, but we understand its hidden meaning. 


Grammar Exercise: 
Come up with five idioms of your own and explain their hidden meaning. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Olympics 2018

Favorite TV Shows

All About Me